Monday, April 30, 2012

Morning: more chaos than calm

I hate admitting it but coffee is what makes my world go 'round. I get to the office and have two cups straight away. This is neither healthy nor calm inducing. I have thought about drinking tea or decaf but I have it in my head that I need the caffeine. When I was a sleep deprived mother of a 1-year-old that was possibly true but now I am not sleep deprived. Perhaps a switch to decaf and then to tea is in order.

I hate workday mornings. I never get up on time. It is difficult for me because I am thinking about all of things I have to do for the week and I feel like it is easier to hide in my bed. Every minute counts. The longer I can stay in there, the less time I have to deal with my to do list. It is completely counter-intuitive thinking though because I get out of bed late and it causes major anxiety as I try to do all the things I need to do to get a 5-year-old and myself ready in the morning. I have dreams of waking up at 5:30am and working out and then leisurely getting ready. This is a goal of mine. I hear that waking up early is just a habit like anything else. It is a habit I need to adopt.

What is your morning routine? Does it include coffee?


Have a happy Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment